FAQS About Golf Carts in Pere Marquette Charter Township
- Currently golf carts are not allowed on roads or streets within the Township.
- By resolution the Township can allow golf carts on roads and streets within the township that the speed limit is 30 miles per hour and below.
- If allowed, drivers of golf carts have to be 16 years of age and is licensed to operate a motor vehicle.
- If allowed, the maximum speed shall not exceed 15 MPH.
- If allowed, a golf cart shall not be operated during the time period from ½ hour before sunset and ½ hour after sunrise.
- If allowed, golf carts shall not be operated on a sidewalk constructed for pedestrians.
- If allowed, the Township can require a registry but cannot charge a fee.