Western Mason County Fire District Authority
Pere Marquette Charter Township is a member of the Western Mason County Fire District Authority. The Townships of Hamlin and Pere Marquette, together with the City of Ludington, joined together in 1997 to create this legally distinct Authority to provide enhanced fire coverage to all three locations. The purpose of the WMCFDA is to allow:
- Mutual Aid among Member Municipalities
- Shared Resources (Fire Trucks)
- Better Fire Coverage throughout the Authority District
- Centralized Truck Maintenance Programs
- Lower Operating Costs for each Member Department
The WMCFDA Board of Directors is made up of two representatives from each member district: the Township Supervisor or City Manager, and the Fire Chief. That Board has elected Pere Marquette's Supervisor Gerald A. Bleau to serve as the WMCFDA Secretary-Treasurer.
WMCFDA 2022 Meeting Dates
Gerald A. Bleau, Secretary-Treasurer
Western Mason County Fire District Authority, Inc.
1699 S. Pere Marquette Hwy.
Ludington, MI 49431